You're currently on:Tweet
The Tiffen 45650BPM12 4" x 5.65" Black Pro-Mist F/X 1/2 Filter is part of the Hollywood F/X series of filters. The Black Pro-Mist produces medium image softening and more than medium highlight flare but without as much of a lightening effect in the shadow areas.
- Here's another tool to add to your portrait arsenal. As part of Tiffen's award-winning series of F/X filters, the Black Pro-Mist gives you the option to add another dimension to your images.
- Part of the difference between a run-of-the-mill photograph and a "great" photograph is the attention to detail - and with the Tiffen Pro-Mist series of filters, you can tweak your images just enough to set them apart from everyone else.
- Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty.
- Note! Black Pro-Mist F/X filters are available in grades from 1/2-5 with grade 5 having the greatest effect; Effect of lighter grades is subtle, with higher grades becoming gradually more noticeable. Also available in a "Warm" Series which combines the Pro-Mist effect with Tiffen's exclusive 812 warming filter.
- Offers all the benefits of the Pro-Mist filter in a more subtle form.
- Highlight flares are controlled.
- Contrast is lowered, but with less lightening of shadows for a more delicate effect.
- Delicate effect with contained highlight flare.
- Creates a soft light "pastel" effect.
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings.
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations.
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA.
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence.
Type: Black Pro-Mist F/X
Size: 4" x 5.65" - 100 x 140mm, 4mm thick
Filter Factor: Not Specified by Manufacturer
Effect: Soft focus
Application: Portrait, wedding photography
Color Temperature: Not Specified by Manufacturer
Construction: ColorCore Glass
Front Filter Thread Size: Not Applicable
Front Lens Cap Size: Not Applicable
- Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Black Pro-Mist F/X 1/2 Filter.
- 10-Year Warranty.